Wondering what other jobs can medical assistants do? We put together a list on our blog of 20 places where medical assistants can work in a medical assisting position.
If you become a certified medical assistant and decide you don’t want to work as an administrative, or clinical medical assistant, in one of the 20 places on our list then below is another list of other jobs that medical assistants can do.
Other Jobs Medical Assistants Can Do
- Medical Office Assistant
- EKG Technician
- Phlebotomy Technician
- Surgical Tech
- Unit/Ward Clerk in hospital
- Claims Examiner
- Adjuster/Processor for insurance companies
Career Advancement for Medical Assistants
Additionally, you could advance your career as a medical assistant by becoming a Nurse or working in Allied Health Management in a supervisory role.
Here is a list of career advancement opportunities and jobs that medical assistants can work toward:
- Registered Nurse
- Clinical office manager
- Transcription supervisor
- Lead Medical Assistant or Clinical Team Lead
- Executive medical office secretary
- Medical records manager
- Medical office manager
- Medical assistant instructor
- Healthcare administrator
Questions About Other Jobs Medical Assistants Can Do?
If you have any other questions about other jobs Medical Assistants can do, then ask our community in the comments below.
Related Career Questions
- Can a Medical Assistant Work in a Hospital?
- Can Medical Assistants Give Injections or Shots?
- Can Medical Assistants Work in Nursing Homes?
- Can CMAs Apply for Surgical Tech Positions?
- What Other Jobs Can Medical Assistants Do?
- Can Medical Assistants Work in Schools?
- Can Medical Assistants Work in Emergency Rooms?