Registered Medical Assistant Continuing Education Requirements:
- CMA/RMA: 10hrs
- Patient Care Technician: 10hrs
- Sterile Processing Technician II: 10hrs
- Sterile Processing Technician III: 14hrs
Below is a list of ways that you can earn free and low cost continuing education credits for registered medical assistants.
- www.ihi.org (Institute for Healthcare Improvement)
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Steris University)
- www.cdc.gov (Center for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Swank Healthcare (DUHS Clinical Education and Professional Development)
- Local Seminars and organization meetings
- www.hrsa.gov (Health Resources & Services Administration)
- The American Kidney Fund
- www.publichealthpractices.org cancer-control have a 17 part video series about cancer.
- Write an article for submission to your organization. (ex. AMT, AAMA, etc.)
- www.stericycle.com (biohazards and waste disposal)
- US Department of Health and Human Services.
As you earn your CEs online, you can keep track of your progress using AMT’s tool AMTrax.
Questions About RMA Continuing Education Requirements?
If you still have questions about registered medical assistant continuing education requirements, then ask our community in the comments below.