Although rare, yes, Certified Medical Assistants can apply for surgical tech positions in some cases. Also, medical assistants may assist physicians in minor surgery.
One example case would be:
A Certified Medical Assistant working in a GI/Endoscopy Procedures could get certified in sterile processing. Then they could work as an uncertified surgical tech specializing in Endoscopy and special procedures.
Questions About CMAs Applying for Surgical Tech Jobs?
If you have any other questions about certified medical assistants applying for surgical tech jobs, then ask our community in the comments below. You can also search and compare local medical assisting programs near you.
Related Career Questions
- Can a Medical Assistant Work in a Hospital?
- Can Medical Assistants Give Injections or Shots?
- Can Medical Assistants Work in Nursing Homes?
- Can CMAs Apply for Surgical Tech Positions?
- What Other Jobs Can Medical Assistants Do?
- Can Medical Assistants Work in Schools?
- Can Medical Assistants Work in Emergency Rooms?