Yes, there are medical assistant jobs with no experience required but they are much less common than jobs requiring experience. Medical assistant jobs with no experience required most often fall into one of three types of job opportunities.
- On The Job Training – Some employers offer paid medical assistant jobs with no experience required because they will train you on the job. These jobs are harder to find and typically competitive to attain.
- Medical Assistant Internship – During the final stages of your accredited medical assisting program, often you will then participate in a medical assisting internship. You will work alongside medical assistants gaining clinical experience during your internship and receive school credit and sometimes pay.
- Medical Assistant Externship – A medical assisting externship is like an internship but you do not receive pay or school credit. You will work alongside medical assistants and gain experience for future paid positions, but you are exchanging your time for the experience, not for pay or school credit.
Finding Medical Assistant Jobs With No Experience Required
It will be more challenging to find medical assistant jobs that don’t require experience than jobs requiring experience. Below is a list of places to look and ways to find these jobs:
- Online Job Search – Using an online job search you can use keywords and filters to only return job results that do not require experience.
- College Career Services – If you are a student, then look into your career services to see if they can help you find your first internship, externship, or job without experience required.
- Healthcare Recruiter – A healthcare recruiter can leverage their network of medical job opportunities to help you find a job that doesn’t require experience.
- Local Clinics – Using the internet you can research all of the local health care clinics in your city. Reach out to them and visit them in person to discuss working with them in a medical assisting position.
Questions About Medical Assistant Jobs?
If you still have questions about medical assistant jobs that don’t require experience, or anything about job and education requirements, then ask our community in the comments below.