Medical assistant salaries vary widely across the country.
Regionally they vary based on the local economy. However, they can also vary quite a bit by industry.
For example, specialized medical assistants often earn more than medical assistants who aren’t specialized.
We keep an updated database of hourly and annual medical assistant salary data that includes regional data by metropolitan area, city, and state. Additionally we track salary data in the top paying industries.
Today we are sharing an infographic we created that lists the top paying cities for medical assistant salaries by mean hourly and annual wages.
As you can see, many of the top paying cities are in California. It is worth noting that this is primarily due to the local economy as the cost of living in these regions is higher than the rest of the country. (generally speaking).
Without further ado, here is the infographic of the top paying cities for medical assistants.
Copy/Paste to Share this Image On Your Site
This infographic was originally created by medical-assistant.us
Highest Medical Assistant Salaries by City
From the infographic, here is the list of cities with the highest medical assistant salaries hourly and annually.
- EAU CLAIRE, WI: $23.82 Hourly / $49,540 Annually
- SAN FRANCISCO, CA: $21.70 Hourly / $45,130 Annually
- SAN JOSE, CA: $21.65 Hourly / $45,020 Annually
- FAIRFIELD, CA: $20.90 Hourly / $43,470 Annually
- FAIRBANKS, AK: $20.76 Hourly / $43,180 Annually
- SANTA ROSA, CA: $20.61 Hourly / $42,880 Annually
- OAKLAND, CA: $20.12 Hourly / $41,840 Annually
- SAN RAFAEL, CA: $20.03 Hourly / $41,660 Annually
If you’d like to find more medical assistant salary insights, then make sure to checkout our salary data source for this graphic.
Any questions about our medical assistant salary data can be asked in the comments below.